The full press release is as below:
For immediate release
Singapore Blog Awards 2009: Check out 100 of the best blogs in Singapore
The categories are Most Insightful Blog, Best LOL (laugh-out-loud) Blog, Best Individual Blog, Best e-Commerce Blog, Best Photography Blog, EASB (East Asia Institute of Management) Best Youth Blog and Best Lifestyle Blog, with the addition of three new categories Best Modeling Blog, Best WTH (what-the-hell) Blog and Best Food Blog.
Organised by omy (www.omy.sg), a bilingual news and interactive web portal by Southeast Asia’s leading media organisation Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH), the Awards honour “new-age wordsmiths” who devote their time and energy to create and maintain informative and innovative blogs.
There were 1500 blog registrations for this year’s Awards. This was an increase of 50% from last year.
“The overwhelming response and a higher quality in the blog entries show that netizens have a greater impact now. Some overseas blogs are also in the running this year, and with such a vast diversity, one can truly expect a kaleidoscopic finale that’s worth waiting for,” said omy.sg Associate Editor, Ms Lee Kuan Fung.
The 100 finalists include a diverse range of individuals representing the multicultural aspect of Singapore.
– A 15-year-old boy who is Singapore’s top Twitter user in the Best Youth Blog category (http://TechXav.com);
– A young doctor sharing about his work experience in the Best Individual Blog category (http://medicboyz.blogspot.com)
– Eye-brow plucker turned modeling agency boss, Steven Lim in the Best LOL Blog category (http://StevenLim.net)
– Ten gorgeous models in the Best Modeling category, including ladies who are not shy to post lingerie photos of themselves on their blogs
– A Singapore Management University student blogger who shares his blog with Singapore Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr George Yeo in the Most Insightful Blog category (http://ephraim.blogspot.com)
– A ghost hunter in the Best WTH category (http://sghc.info)
– A photographer who attempts to document the Singapore night life scene in the Best Photo Blog category (http://www.butheretonight.com)
– A blog shop that specialises in selling lingerie in the Best e-Commerce Blog category (http://www.sensualaffair.com)
– Singapore’s X-Box blog ambassador in the Best Lifestyle Blog category (http://sheylara.com)
– Three mums battling it out with their interesting recipes in the Best Food Blog category. (See attached appendix for full list)
The winners will be selected via voting and judging by a panel of ten professional judges.
Voting for the Singapore Blog Awards starts today and can be done via the official website – http://sgblogawards.omy.sg. Voters stand to win attractive prizes like portable hard disks and video cameras.
The judges this year are Mr Man Shu Sum, CEO of Mark Burnett Asia; Mr Kelvin Tong and Mr Royston Tan, both Singapore movie directors; Ms Kuo Jian Hong, Co-Artistic Director of The Theatre Practice; Ms Anna Lim, Radio 100.3FM deejay; Mr Josh Lim, Managing Director of Advertlets; Mr U-Zyn Chua,CEO of Ping.sg; Mr Samuel Ng, CEO of Marine Parade Family Service Centre; Ms Xiao Han, Director and Lyricist of Funkie Monkies Productions and Mr Chua Chim Kang, Editor of omy.sg and Lianhe Wanbao.
The winners will be crowned at a closing ceremony, with details to be announced later. The winner of each category will walk away with a custom-designed trophy created by Singapore Cultural Medallion winner Mr Tan Swie Hian and a variety of sponsored prizes.
Adding to the excitement is the finalists’ list for two fringe awards which are determined entirely by public voting. They are the Best Local Celebrity Blog and the Best Overseas Celebrity Blog.
All bloggers and voters stand to win a total of over $20,000 worth of prizes by participating in the Awards. Prizes include mobile phones, shopping vouchers, overseas hotel accommodation packages, food products and more.
The Singapore Blog Awards 2009 is sponsored by the East Asia Institute of Management (EASB), United International Pictures (UIP), National Heritage Board (NHB), Asia Web Direct, Koka, ST701, HTC and Play Smart Pte. Ltd. It is supported by local search and directory service, Rednano and two blog networks, Advertlets.com and Ping.sg.
Technorati Tags: singapore blog awards, omy singapore blog awards, omy.sg singapore blog awards, singapore blog awards 2009, second singapore blog awards, avertlets.com, ping.sg, omy.sg, omy, blog awards nomination, blog awards registration, omy blog club, most blogged about event 2008, official singapore blog awards facebook group, best modeling blog, best wth blog, best food blog, most insightful blog, best lol blog, best photography blog, easb best youth blog, best youth blog, best photography blog, best lifestyle blog, lee kuan fung, man shu sham, ceo of mark burnett asia, kelvin tong, royston tan, kuo jian hong, the theatre practice, anna lim, radio 100.3fm, josh lim, adverlets.com, ping.sg, u-zyn chua, samuel ng, marine parade family service centre, xiao han, funkie monkies productions, chua chim kang, lianhe wanbao, tan swie hian, best local celebrity blog, best overseas celebrity blog, east asia institute of management, easb, united international pictures singapore, uip singapore, play smart pte ltd, htc, htc singapore, st701, asia web direct, 最佳青苹果部落格, EASB 最佳青苹果部落格, 最佳生活资讯部落格, 最靓摄影部落格, 最佳饮食部落格, 最佳 e-shop部落格, 最具深度部落格, 最具娱乐性部落格, 最不可思议部落格, 最佳个人靓照部落格, 最具个人特色部落格, Popular Choice Awards