Singapore, 22 May 2012 – omy.sg has released the top ten finalists in the ten main categories of the Singapore Blog Awards 2012 as well as the other finalists in three sponsored categories and two celebrity categories. The 100 finalists include a diverse range of individuals representing the multicultural aspect of Singapore.
The winners of the ten main award categories will be announced at this year’s award ceremony on 21 July at Singapore Flyer, the world’s largest Giant Observation Wheel. Invited guests will get to sample the best of local hawker delights at the Singapore Food Trail, a unique 1960s-themed food street, while the winners of the respective categories are unveiled.
As a lead-up to the award ceremony, omy.sg will be hosting three bloggers’ workshops (http://project.omy.sg/panasonic-workshops/) together with presenting sponsor, Panasonic. The workshops, helmed by well-known Singapore bloggers, will cover topics on photography, eco crafts and a cooking demonstration. Registration is free and all are welcome to participate.
In a tie-up with Far East Hospitality this year, omy.sg is also extending an invitation to bloggers outside of Singapore to attend the Singapore Blog Awards ceremony with 3D2N hotel accommodations sponsored by a group of seven hotels under the Far East Hospitality group (http://sgblogawards.omy.sg/2012/overseas-blogger-sponsorship/).
3. You get to attend the award ceremony in July. It will be held at the Singapore Food Trail at the Singapore Flyer this year. Guests will get to sample the best of local hawker fares and of course, ride on the Singapore Flyer, the largest Giant Observation Wheel in the world!
4. Get your blog known. The award organiser, omy.sg, is part of the Singapore Press Holdings media group. Expect coverage from many of the top news media in Singapore if you are among the winners or even the finalists.
5. Join for the fun of it! There’s no registration fee and it takes less than ten minutes to register online. You do not need to be a part of any blog network or cliche to join – the award is open to anyone who owns a blog, including bloggers from outside Singapore. There’s nothing to lose even if you do not win.
– you do not have to wait for others to nominate you, just register your blog directly. You have a public blog, you can’t be that shy! (besides, you cannot tell if a blogger was nominated or registered directly on the website)
– you can register for as many categories as you like if you deem them relevant
– omy.sg accept blog registration from foreigners outside of Singapore; get your foreign blogger friends to join too
– the new Best V-Log category accepts youtube pages or other video hosting pages and not just conventional blog hosting sites
– do not clutter all the registration in the Best Lifestyle Blog and Best Individual Blog categories; look through the other categories and join them too if they are relevant. The more bloggers there are in a category, the lower the chance of getting selected as a finalist.
Special categories to watch out for:
– Gmarket Best Online Shopping Blog: All ten finalists will get S$100 Gmarket shopping credits each! Three winners from among the finalists stand to win over S$1,000 worth of Gmarket shopping credits and products! – Mary Chia Best Beauty Blog:All ten finalists will get to organise a spa party at a Mary Chia outlet for your friends – with expenses covered by Mary Chia! The top blogger in this category stand to win over S$5000 worth of products and services from Mary Chia! – ST701 Best Blogshop: All ten finalists will get S$1000 worth of banner impressions on ST701.com to promote your own business. The top blogshop will win an additional S$5000 worth of banner impressions!
Singapore, 10 April 2012 – The annual Singapore Blog Awards return for the fifth year with more exciting events and prizes. Bloggers stand to win a trip, inclusive of air tickets and accommodation, to experience the annual International Fireworks Festival in Macau, among other attractive prizes worth a total of $30,000.
Organised by omy.sg (www.omy.sg), Singapore Press Holdings’ leading bilingual news and entertainment portal, and presented by Panasonic, the Singapore Blog Awards honour new-age wordsmiths who devote their time and energy to create and maintain informative and innovative blogs.
This year, omy.sg introduces the “Best V-log” award, a brand new addition to the 10 main categories of Singapore Blog Awards, created to acknowledge the increasing popularity of home-made videos shared on YouTube and other online video services as a form of blogging.
Ms Lee Kuan Fung, Associate Editor of omy.sg, said: “Thanks to the growing support and participation from bloggers and the online community over the past four years, the Singapore Blog Awards has established itself as one of the biggest social media event which everyone looks forward to annually.
This year, we will be expanding the Singapore Blog Awards platform into an umbrella of social media events under the omy.sg’s Singapore Social Media Fiesta brand. Upcoming events include Singapore Check-In Bonanza, Singapore Twitter Frenzy and Singapore Social Media Day, spread across four months from now till July, reaching more audiences through various social media platforms.”
Nomination and registration is now open till 6 May, followed by a voting and judging phase which will end in June. This year’s Singapore Blog Awards will see a series of exciting events in the months leading to the finale event in July. These include three bloggers’ workshops hosted by Panasonic andomy.sg as well as a slew of other engaging events organised with other sponsors.
In line with the fifth anniversary of the Singapore Blog Awards, omy.sg would be acknowledging five “Super Bloggers” who have contributed to the blogosphere in their own unique ways. The identities of these bloggers will be revealed on the official Singapore Blog Awards site (http://sgblogawards.omy.sg)on a later date.
This year’s award ceremony will be held at Singapore Flyer, the world’s largest Giant Observation Wheel, where invited guests will get to sample the best of local hawker delights at the Singapore Food Trail, a unique 1960s-themed food street, while the winners of the respective categories are unveiled.
Members of the public can log on to the official SBA site to nominate their favourite blogs. Bloggers can also participate directly by registering themselves for the Awards.
Over a period of merely five days, this charity auction raised S$2038.50 from the public’s bids, and in addition to the money raised from the auction, SOLD.sg also contributed $1 to match every $2 raised.
I was at the restaurant too to witness the cheque presentation and to meet up with the SOLD.sg team, the ten bloggers, the ten winning bidders, as well as the representatives from SCAS and Limoncello respectively.
Sold.sg is an innovative auction website that that offers users the chance to win brand new luxury and lifestyle products and services at greatly discounted prices. Items up for daily auction include technological gadgets like the PS3, iPads, iPhones and digital cameras, and branded accessories like bags, jewellery and wallets. Sold.sg also offer lifestyle items like movie and restaurant vouchers and airline tickets to popular destinations.
Limoncello Restaurant is the brainchild of Restaurateur Mark Anthonisz and Fabio Iannone who have brought about a Team of talented individuals including Evecutive Chef’s Emiddio Cioffi and Mauro Crescendo from the Amalfi Coast.
Fabio Iannone is a Chef by Profession having founded La Braceria with Chef Emiddio who returned from Japan for Limoncello’s project. A Trained Sommelier from Accor Hotels and having worked with Gordon Ramsey’s, Daniel Boulud and Marina Bay Sands Singapore to name a few, Mark has been tasked with heading both the Front and Heart of Limoncello’s House.
Limoncello strives to exceed the expectations of it’s guests. Genuine Service and Traditional Fare from the coast of Amalfi is the focus of each new day. Napolitana wood fired pizzas and charcoal grilled meats and seafood is what distinguishes us from the rest.
Plugging this for sold.sg, omy.sg and of course, the ten brave bloggers whom have put themselves up for bid to raise money for charity.
GOING ONCE! GOING TWICE!
SOLD.SG AND OMY.SG TO AUCTION OFF VALENTINE’S DATES TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE SPASTIC CHILDRENS’ ASSOCIATION OF SINGAPORE
Sold.sg, Singapore’s leading online shopping destination for luxury and entertainment products, is helping their users find love this Valentine’s Day by partnering with omy.sg to auction off ten popular bloggers as Valentine’s dates!
The 10 Bloggers will promote themselves in the week leading up to the auctions (auctions to be held from now till 13 Feb), and will be “sold” as a Valentine’s “date” to their highest bidder. Users will place bids on their favourite Blogger based on the information provided on Sold.sg, with 100% of the proceeds from all auctions being donated to the Spastic Children’s Association of Singapore.
Who are these ten kind bloggers who put themselves up for auction? Click on their names below to find out more about each of them (and to start bidding):
Btw, a winning bid comes together with a Valentine’s Dinner meal at Limoncello restaurant(worth S$95.00++ per pax) as well as 50 bonus sold.sg tokens (worth S$37.50) which you can use to bid for other items.